Our attorneys work with both employers and employees to assist them with employment related matters. Our employment practice includes drafting and negotiating employee related agreements and incentive compensation plans, dispute resolution involving employee matters in state and federal courts, litigation of federal and state employment statutes and laws regulating the workplace and general consultations and advice regarding employment and workplace issues. Our employment practice is complemented by our practice in the areas of business transactions, securities, taxation, construction law and business litigation.
Our employment law practice includes:
- Employment Agreements
- Employee Benefits
- Severance and Separation Agreements
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Non-Competition Agreements
- Incentive Compensation Plans, including Employee Stock Option Plans, Restricted Stock Plans and Deferred Compensation Plans
- Employment Discrimination –State and Federal Agencies
- Employment Discrimination-State and Federal Courts
- Appellate Proceedings
- Employment Related Contracts Litigation-State and Federal Courts
- Human Resources Advice and Consultations
- Drafting Employment Policies and Procedures
Employment Covenants & Employment Issues
Employment covenants have engendered their own, specialized area of the law that requires attorneys to be up-to-date and focused on details. The firm has represented both plaintiffs and defendants with respect to employment covenants and knows the law concerning trade secrets, customer contacts, and employee solicitation on which covenants rise or fall. In addition, firm attorneys are knowledgeable concerning the various claims that often attend employee covenants, such as civil conspiracy and tortious interference claims and claims based on the Missouri Uniform Trade Secrets Act.